Nodes of the Moon.
There are two Nodes of the Moon. The North Node and the South Node. The North Node represents the energy available in this lifetime, our miracle zone. As opposed to the South Node that is our comfort zone, what we need to leave behind. As Jan Spiller says in her book Astrology for the Soul, the Nodes helps us to find out the individual challenges and qualities of character that need to be developed for success and fulfillment in this life.
The Nodes are mathematical points where the orbit of the Moon around the Earth crosses the the Earth’s path around the Sun. This is the area where Eclipses occur. And they move clockwise in the zodiac wheel, versus counter clockwise as the rest of the planets. So, to be clear the Nodes are not planets.
They change signs approximately every two years and they always are opposite each other. So, wherever you have your North Node in your chart, your South Node will be directly opposite of it (even though it may not be visible in the chart).
With the North Node, you have to step into the energy of the sign the Node is in.
North Node in Aries: Attributes to Develop.
- Trusting one’s impulses
- Moderation in giving
South Node in Libra: Tendencies to Leave Behind
- Seeing oneself through other’s eyes
- Debilitating Selflessness
- Being Mr or Mrs Nice
- Obsessive attachment fo fairness and justice
North Node in Taurus: Attributes to Develop.
- Awareness of boundaries
- Taking things one step at a time
- A sense of self-worth
- Enjoying the five physical senses
- Honoring expressed needs of self and others
South Node in Scorpio: Tendencies to Leave Behind
- Attraction to crisis situation
- Unnecessary intensity
- Judgmental tendencies
- Obsessive compulsive tendencies
North Node in Cancer: Attributes to Develop.
- Noticing and validating feelings
- Nurturing and supporting others
- Building one own’s foundation and security
- Honest disclosures of feelings and insecurities
- Staying centered in one’s own feelings
South Node in Capricorn: Tendencies to Leave Behind
- Needing to control everything and everyone
- Compulsion to take charge without fully understanding the situation
- Feeling completely responsible for everything
- Hiding feelings and fears in intimate relationships
- Doing things to gain respect and admiration from others
- Thinking that things need to be difficult in order to be important
North Node in Libra: Attributes to Develop.
- Diplomacy and Tact
- Increasing Awareness of other’s needs
- Creating win/win situations
- Seeing things through another’s eyes
South Node in Aries: Tendencies to Leave Behind
- Thoughtless self-assertion
- Resistance to compromise
- Expecting others to be like oneself
- Lack of judgement with money
Find out more about BALANCE Spray
LEARN MORE ABOUT LUCIA ROBELO, AND HOW SHE CAN HELP YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR PERSONALITY BETTER WITH A READING OF YOUR BIRTH CHART.
Visit The Sparkle Within www.thesparklewithin.com
Find out more about AstroJoy www.astrojoy.co